Global Potential: Empowering Youth. Inspiring Change
Global Potential’s holistic model positively transforms the lives of urban youth. They shape the future and become leaders and entrepreneurs in business, community development, education and politics. Your gift supports youth and communities to empower each other through education, international service work, and cultural exchange. Your donation can give hundreds of youths the opportunity to transform communities while creating brighter futures for themselves.Donate Today
Welcome To Global Potential
The majority of GP participants are first and second generation immigrant youth and have origins from hundreds of countries.
Global Potential provides youth and communities the leadership and entrepreneurial skills to create renewed life perspectives to affect positive change locally and globally.
Pour plus d’information sur Global Potential en français, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant: http://www.globalpotential.fr
About Our Organization
2335 youth (784 in 2013),
- We have served 2,335 youth (784 in 2013), the majority from minority backgrounds from 150 different low-income communities in 6 different countries.
- 300 of these youth have had life-changing experiences traveling internationally.
- Each year, we directly serve 500 youth, including 50 new competitively-selected Fellows.
- Through the work that our youth do internationally (building classrooms, sidewalks, community gardens, and running health and literacy workshops, and children’s daycamps), we have served over 24,738 people directly and an additional 31,400 indirectly, for a total of 51,867 people impacted.
- GP youth have created 15 independent Social Enterprise Ventures funded at $1000 each, 15 documentary films (3 award-winning), and done dozens of internships, and activism and service projects.
- GP youth do an average of 781 service hours during their 1.5 years, benefitting 219 people each.
- We have held 10 incredible youth leadership conferences in 3 countries, with more than 1000 youth participants, from over 80 different inner-city and rural village communities.
- GP youth demonstrate and report increased leadership, self-esteem, responsibility, and commitment to their educations. GP alumni, compared to their peers, have significantly higher rates of high school graduation, college enrollment, scholarship awards, and college retention.
- GP youth discover the power they have within themselves to become vehicles for change in their own communities, and blossom into activists, leaders, artists, community organizers, filmmakers, mentors and social entrepreneurs. Gaining experience outside of their communities allows youth to build the confidence and skills to deal with their own problems, to gain a global perspective, and to become competitive for getting into the colleges and careers they want.
- We engage youth in GIVING rather than RECEIVING help, breaking the cycle of poverty.
- We are pioneers in the policy arena, promoting the inclusion of populations traditionally marginalized from international service learning and cultural exchange education.
The three phases of Global Potential
1. Social Entrepreneurship (social business ventures)
2. Media Advocacy (photography, mural-painting, theatre, documentary)
3. Community Service & Activism (service-learning, social justice campaigns)
4. School Leadership (school clubs, GP recruitment)
5. Internship (in GP partner sites, or directly with GP for professional development)
6. Health and Fitness (sports for healthier living)
How We Work: Winning Methodology
Where: Global North
Where: Global South
Impact: Leaders of Tomorrow
Latest News and Events
Being a new member of the global potential team I was eager to learn […]
Frank, GP Executive Director, and two of our NYC-based Haitian participants give an interview […]
In the summer of 2012, I traveled to the Dominican Republic […]
What Participants Say