Global Potential: Empowering Youth. Inspiring Change
Global Potential’s holistic model positively transforms the lives of urban youth. They shape the future and become leaders and entrepreneurs in business, community development, education and politics. Your gift supports youth and communities to empower each other through education, international service work, and cultural exchange. Your donation can give hundreds of youths the opportunity to transform communities while creating brighter futures for themselves.Donate Today
Welcome To Global Potential
The majority of GP participants are first and second generation immigrant youth and have origins from hundreds of countries.
Global Potential provides youth and communities the leadership and entrepreneurial skills to create renewed life perspectives to affect positive change locally and globally.
Pour plus d’information sur Global Potential en français, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant: http://www.globalpotential.fr
About Our Organization
- We have served 1,985 youth, all from minority backgrounds and low-income communities.
- 287 of these youth have had life-changing experiences traveling internationally.
- Each year, we directly serve 500 youth, including 40 new competitively-selected Fellows.
- Through the work that our youth do internationally (building classrooms, sidewalks, community gardens, and running health and literacy workshops, and children’s daycamps), we have served over 16,769 people directly and an additional 13,500 indirectly, for a total of 23,493 people impacted.
- GP youth have created 15 independent Social Enterprise Ventures funded at $1000 each, 15 documentary films (3 award-winning), and done dozens of internships, and activism and service projects.
- GP youth do an average of 781 service hours during their 1.5 years, benefitting 219 people each.
- We have held 10 incredible youth leadership conferences in 3 countries, with more than 1000 youth participants, from over 80 different inner-city and rural village communities.
- GP youth demonstrate and report increased leadership, self-esteem, responsibility, and commitment to their educations. GP alumni, compared to their peers, have significantly higher rates of high school graduation, college enrollment, scholarship awards, and college retention.
- GP youth discover the power they have within themselves to become vehicles for change in their own communities, and blossom into activists, leaders, artists, community organizers, filmmakers, mentors and social entrepreneurs. Gaining experience outside of their communities allows youth to build the confidence and skills to deal with their own problems, to gain a global perspective, and to become competitive for getting into the colleges and careers they want.
- We engage youth in GIVING rather than RECEIVING help, breaking the cycle of poverty.
- We are pioneers in the policy arena, promoting the inclusion of populations traditionally marginalized from international service learning and cultural exchange education.
The three phases of Global Potential
1. Social Entrepreneurship (social business ventures)
2. Media Advocacy (photography, mural-painting, theatre, documentary)
3. Community Service & Activism (service-learning, social justice campaigns)
4. School Leadership (school clubs, GP recruitment)
5. Internship (in GP partner sites, or directly with GP for professional development)
6. Health and Fitness (sports for healthier living)
How We Work: Winning Methodology
Where: Global North
Where: Global South
Impact: Leaders of Tomorrow
Latest News and Events
In the summer of 2012, I traveled to the Dominican Republic […]
Daniel Martinez (GP Boston, 2009-2010) and Nouhou Barry (GP New York, 2012-2013) both win the prestigious Gates […]
GP Boston carries out community service on April 15, 2013 while Boston is […]
What Participants Say